Today is Children’s Day at the Market!
Come join us for an interesting and fun-filled afternoon! Along with our wonderful regular vendors, special events include:
• Musica Franklin will be with us from 2:30 – 4:00. Based in Greenfield, Musica Franklin offers a free intensive music program where students learn social and academic skills while experiencing the joy of making music together. Musica Franklin is modeled on El Sistema, a hugely successful music and social change program started in Venezuela 40 years ago. El Sistema is now practiced all over the world, helping to lift up children and their families. The children will be playing violin, drumming, and singing, and are happy to teach you some songs, too!
• From 4:30 – 5:30, Shelburne Falls-based Vera and David will be bringing their ukuleles, guitars, and wonderful voices to play a wide variety of tunes, featuring their large repertoire of children’s songs.
(check out our music page for more details on Musica Franklin, Vera, and Dave)
• From 4:00 – 6:30, The Art Garden joins us! They will have pre-painted cardboard butterflies for children to decorate. Butterflies then go on stick to use as fans or parade around with. (For more info on The Art Garden, go to: https://theartgarden.wordpress.com/
And all afternoon (2:00 – 6:30), there’s:
• A fun scavenger hunt that’s a great way to meet our vendors and explore the Market
• Face painting, with Alexis Arcaro!
• Photo-ops with Marky, the purple Market manager
Some of the special activities are free, while some involve a fee. Children of all ages are welcome, but should be accompanied by an adult.
It looks like it will be a beautiful, sunny afternoon, and we look forward to seeing you!