☀️ ☀️ Happy Summer Solstice!☀️ ☀️
While this morning might be rainy, the forecast is for clearing and sunshine by this afternoon when the Market opens. Perfect for celebrating the longest day of the year! Although we won’t be on the Green at the moment of Solstice (11:54 a.m. today), from 2:00 – 6:30 today you will find:
☀️ Claire Dacey, with us from 3:00 – 6:00. Claire is a folk singer-songwriter, instrumentalist, naturalist/ecologist, visual artist, and teacher.
☀️ Our new, returning vendors:
• Trevor Thurston of Hiro’s Greenhouse, for the indoor jungle enthusiast, offering a variety of houseplants and plant accessories.
• Dawn Haskins of Momma’s Homemade: handmade soaps, body scrubs, lip balms, foot soaks, lotion bars.
• Melinda Nutter & Jonathan Pierce of Macle Designs – 100% handcrafted sterling silver and natural gemstone and mineral jewelry.
• Asma Abdelmeguid of Asma’s Kitchen — selling Egyptian food (vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, and meat dishes), such as hummus, babaganush, mousaka, falafel, and chicken kebabs
☀️ Our regular vendors who are with us this week are:
- Barbaric Farm
- Davenport Maple Farm
- Freeman Farm
- Good Bunch Farm
- Sweet Morning Farm
- Margaret Olin — Healing Therapies
- Nancy Palmgren’s Native Shade Plants
Stop by for flowers, houseplants, and veggie starts, radishes, bok choi, lettuce, kale, herbs, greens, local meats, eggs, pickles, jams, popcorn, maple syrup & maple goodies, hermits, homemade rootbeer, and handmade crafts including nature photo cards, fire pokers, handspun yarn, cell phone cases, silver & gemstone jewelry, soaps, and lotions.
☀️ Bring a blanket to spread on the Green & stay for dinner — buying goodies from Asma’s Kitchen, or bringing your own picnic! ☀️
And in celebration of ☀️ Summer Solstice☀️ :
- we’ll be offering free coffee, and
- there’ll be a free drawing for a Market Basket full of goodies donated by our vendors.
The drawing will be at 6:21 p.m.! To enter, sign up to receive our blog posts via email. To sign up, you can fill out a slip this afternoon at the Market, or sign up on our website’s News/Blog page. On this page, you can sign up in the black sidebar on the left side of the page (or at the bottom, on mobile devices). You’ll see: “Follow Blog Via Email”. Type your email address into the white box that says, “Enter your email address”, then click “Follow”. Next, you’ll receive an email asking you to confirm.
(If you go to the News/Blog page, don’t click on the little white floating “follow” button unless you want to sign up for a separate WordPress account. You don’t need to go through all of that to receive our emails!)
You don’t have to be at the Market to win: we’ll let the winner know by email. But really, do stay: the Market is the place to be on a Friday afternoon!
☀️ We’ll see you soon!☀️