It’s Children’s Day!
Friday July 23rd will be “Children’s Day” at the Shelburne Falls Farmers Market, from 2:00 – 6:30! Come for an interesting and fun-filled afternoon! Here are some of the special activities and visiting artists.
• All afternoon, Arms Library is hosting their second Family Story Walk! Come join the Arms Library in this outdoor, at-your-own pace Story Walk for children and families. It’s a great way to read and be outside! Laminated pages of a favorite children’s story will be placed on stakes in a path on the grass. You can follow the entire story at your leisure during the afternoon. Thank you, Laurie!
• This week, there’ll be 2 music sets! First, from 2:00 – 3:00, the children in the summer Musica Franklin program will be drumming, singing, and playing violins. (Musica Franklin offers a free intensive music program where students learn social and academic skills while experiencing the joy of making music together.)
• “Mr. Dave” and FJ (one of his daughters) will be with us from 3:30 – 6:00. FJ is a talented young singer who plays all kinds of music from all over! And Mr. Dave is a local kids’ performer and family-friendly entertainer who uses traditional and original children’s music to encourage movement, interaction and play for kids and their families. He’s always ready to toss in a family-friendly song or two that ranges from the 1930’s to today!
• For special treats, try Maple-sugar coated nuts and hermit bars (Davenport Maple Farm) plus root beer (Barberic Farm).
• And all afternoon (2:00 – 6:30), there’s a fun scavenger hunt: a great way to meet the vendors and explore the Market!
Children of all ages are welcome, but should be accompanied by an adult.
The vendors who will be with us this week include:
• Art Bug Illustrations
• Barberic Farm
• Davenport Maple Farm
• Freeman Farm
• George Sweeney — Bladesmith
• Good Bunch Farm
• Joy Farm
• Margaret Olin — Healing Therapies
• The People’s Gold
For more information on our vendors, please see check out this page on our website.
We look forward to seeing you soon!